Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lego Convention!

AKA BrickFair!

Lego Con in Tysons! I so have to go. I think this year I am only going to do the public access stuff since I haven't been before and I am more on the collecting side rather then a builder who can make huge creations. Plus its at my favorite hotel! I pulled this stuff off the website but I put it in way that would make the most important information easy to access.

Heres the basics:

Public Hours: Aug 22nd & 23rd, 2009
Sat/Sun: 11am - 4pm
Tickets sold at the door.

Public Day Access:
Adults: $10
10 & under: $7
3 & under: Free
Family of 4: $30

Full Registration:
Adult: $50
Child: $50
5 & under: Free

The full registration is what I am not doing.

For The Public:

  • Expo: Walk the 12,000 square feet of original LEGO brick creations from hundreds of AFOLs across the country. (A bare minimum of 90 minutes is needed to see most displays.)
  • Vendors: Shop LEGO-related items. Find sets, parts, minifigures, classic out-of-production items, custom engraved bricks, and more.
  • Stay & Play: Let your littlest one's imagination run wild and share in a massive pile of LEGO bricks. (but the bricks stay with us, so they can be enjoyed again next year)
  • Technic Challenges: Watch BrickFair registrants compete their MINDSTORMS creations in various challenges of ingenuity.
All visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. BrickFair is a blast for the whole family, but we do not offer any daycare services. Parents are responsible for their children's actions and safety. Strollers are not permitted in BrickFair (sorry, we simply do not have the room).

http://www.brickfair.com/

^^^ Hotel directions, its that huge hotel in Tysons.


Let me know if you have questions. Like what creations you should expect to see and what not.

No comments: